Lakeport is an unincorporated community on the shore of Lake Huron at 43°06′54″N 82°29′25″W. In 1837, Jonas H. Titus platted "Milwaukie City" at the mouth of the stream then named Milwaukie Creek (now spelled as "Milwaukee Creek"). However the plat was not recorded and nothing came of it until lumberman B.C. Farrand had the village replatted in 1853 and recorded under the name "Lakeport" in August 1858. A post office operated from June 1857 until April 1911. Lakeport State Park is adjacent to the community on three sides.
Lakeport Listings Summary